Chris and Andy are joined by Jeremy Bai, a prolific translator and author whose RPG Righteous Blood, Ruthless Blades: Wuxia Roleplaying brings the wuxia genre to your game table! We begin by talking to Jeremy about his various projects, RPG-related and otherwise, before discussing different ways that you can make food, drink, and meals more than just background flavor in your RPG campaign.
Episode 114 notes:
- Jeremy’s website, where you can see what he’s up to and connect with him on social media.
- Jeremy’s Youtube channel, home to many videos referenced in the episode.
- All kinds of resources related to the Righteous Blood, Ruthless Blades RPG, which you can pick up from Osprey Publishing.
- Understanding Chinese Fantasy Genres: A primer for wuxia, xianxia, and xuanhuan, Jeremy’s guide to Chinese fantasy.
- Wandering Heroes of Ogre Gate, a wuxia RPG written by Brendan Davis, co-author with Jeremy of Righteous Blood, Ruthless Blades.
- The Jen vs. Shu Len sword fight in Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, the specific fight scene we reference in our discussion.